Re: Procmail and cPanel

2003-06-20 06:53:27
How about if you email the admin (Shurik) at hostony.com and ask
him what he did? Another option would be to post in the exim
discussion group and see if anyone there can help.

Couldn't hurt, though I would prefer to find a way to do it without having to ask the admins to make changes to the install so that we could come up with a universal solution.

One thing I did find out is that the next version of cpanel will have spamboxes, so all of this will eventually be moot--as long as your admin upgrades...

I suppose the part we have figured out so far (how to call procmail) may still be useful to some people.

I'm curious to check out these forums, but I don't want to
register. Does anyone know of a generic user name and password
that works at a lot of places?! It would be cool if there were
something like that... here's my proposal:

 username: raboof
 password: foobar

Or maybe something like this already exists -- any privacy nuts
know?!

I think most folks that worry about such things just make up a fake name and use a throwaway email account. (Do they even make you give a name? Most just require a handle and an email address so that people can't spam the boards so easily.)