Need feedback on this recipe.

2003-06-20 19:23:54
Hi all. Ok, I've successfully got a working procmail recipe...I think. Looking for your feedback on this. Would there be any tweeks that you can think of to make sure that my mail delivers locally (which it seems to be doing correctly) and that paul and my dad's accounts get filtered and then the clean mail sent to their respecitive dumping accounts while dropping the filtered mail into the same spam and virus folders that I'm currently using? I also want to prevent duplicate mesages being sent to them everytime there's a clean message. Thanks.

Also, I've changed the actually source and destination email addresses to ward off those pesky spammers. :)

# The lock file ensures that only 1 spamassassin invocation happens
# at 1 time, to keep the load down.
#
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 800000
| /usr/local/bin/spamc

# Mails with a score of 15 or higher are almost certainly spam (with 0.05%
# false positives according to rules/STATISTICS.txt). Let's put them in a
# different mbox. (This one is optional.)
:0:
mail/spam

# All mail tagged as spam (eg. with a score higher than the set threshold)
# is moved to "probably-spam".
:0:
mail/spam

# Work around procmail bug: any output on stderr will cause the "F" in "From"
# to be dropped.  This will re-add it.
:0
* ^^rom[ ]
{
  LOG="*** Dropped F off From_ header! Fixing up. "

  :0 fhw
  | sed -e '1s/^/F/'
}

# This addition filters viruses
:0 fhw
* B ?? ^Content-type: (audio|application)
* B ?? name=.*\.(com|exe|bat|scr|pif|hta|shs|vb[es]|ws[fh])\>
* Subject: *\/.+
mail/viruses

# The ever wonderful logfile
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log

# This forwards mail off to paul's dumping account.
:0
* ^TO_()user1(_at_)netzero(_dot_)net\>
{
        FORWARDTO = "$FORWARDTO dumper1(_at_)domain(_dot_)net"
}

# This forwards mail off to dad's dumping account.
:0
* ^TO_()user2(_at_)netzero(_dot_)net\>
{
        FORWARDTO = "$FORWARDTO dumper2(_at_)domain(_dot_)net"
}

:0 a
! $FORWARDTO