Re: procdiag thanks to sean b straw

2003-07-09 13:22:55
Here is the rc.testing that I am using

:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
"/var/spool/mail/IN-testing"

I also tried

:0:
"IN-testing"

and tried without the double quotes "

these are the errors
procmail: lock failure on "IN-testing.lock"
procmail: error while writing to"IN-testing.lock"

<snip >

procmail: lock failure on "IN-testing.lock"
error while writing to "IN-testing"

Newsflash: knowing the contents of the _RECIPE_ would help.  You might try
setting VERBOSE=ON when diagnosing your recipe, since that will help you
verbose is now on.... no good clues for me yet though...

isolate which recipe is doing what (though in this case, it's obvious that
you should home in on a recipe delivering to IN-testing).

Note that while you reported that your procmailrc wasn't being invoked
automatically, and that is now resolved, using your LIVE mail as a testbed
its not my live email... luckily
however the website is live

As for your immediate problem - start with what directory you're trying to
write to (owner/permissions, and whether it even exists!) and what user
the
recipe is running as.

this is where I am not sure...
If I put just "IN-testing" what is the path that this is tacked onto
if I put /var/spool/mail/IN-testing is it really taking that as a literal
path
or do I need a different path syntax

[snip]

Thanks