Re: Delete all with specific attachments?

2003-08-22 13:35:28

There are a lot more MS executable filename extensions. See:

    http://www.johncon.com/john/QuarantineAttachments/

for a collection, which contains a procmail script fragment to detect
most of them.

Automatically trashing messages in the bit bucket may be ill advised,
(these things aren't perfect,) thus the quarantining idea.

Alternatively, you could put them in a special mailbox file which
makes sorting through them quick.

        John

scott list writes:
Greetings:

I am not a procmail proficient admin and I need some help.  Can
someone tell me an efficient, proper recipie that will simply delete
ANY incoming mail that has one of the extensions in teh recipe below?
The one I have below was provided to me a long time ago, but sometimes
some are getting through.  I can live with the risk of the new ".zips"
coming out, but I don't hav ethe HP to run spamassassin, etc.  I
simply want to delete, without notice, stripping, etc, any potential
"bad" attachment as a policy.

I currently have:

#####################
# delete all .pif, .scr, .com, and .bats
:0 B
/dev/null

Can someone critique and except for adding other extensions, tell me
if this is the proper/best way to handle this?  DO I have all
possibilities for Content Type, etc.  Or is there a more through way
of catching the attachments?

Thanks VERY much for the time to help,
Scott
--