Procmail logfile

2003-09-03 18:25:15
I run Redhat 8 as my mail server (no commiserations, I like it fine) but
it also means that I am running procmail as my local mailer.  So I have
only a global /etc/procmailrc file right now which kicks off
Spamassassin.  It all works OK, I haven't tried anything fancy yet and
since I am going to switch from mbox to Maildir format, I won't for
awhile (have to switch the procmail to a custom version, install and set
up courier-imap and get squirrelmail going).

But I've already noticed something odd which I could quickly work around
but not really fix.  I have a procmail.log file set as

        LOGFILE = /var/log/procmail.log

and it works great but since procmail is my local mailer, I have to have
world write permissions on this file or procmail can't write to it since
sendmail kicks it off as the mail owner.

I could turn on syslogging but I'm wondering if there is another
solution.  Anyone?

Dana Bourgeois