Re: [procmail] Executing ... No such file or directory

2003-09-03 18:25:16
Toen ik David W. Tamkin kietelde, kwam er dit uit:
Ruud:

Without [unsetting SHELLMETAS] I get:
  procmail: safe_execprocmail: Failed to execute "/usr/local/sm.bin/sh"

You must have $SHELL set to some oddity named "safe_execprocmail" that's
tripping you up.

"safe_execprocmail" is (the result of) a compile-time-option of procmail.

This is the procmail of my ISP, so I can not change it. Of course there
are
tricks to circumvent this safety-measure, but I would rather not use
those.

Just try SHELL=/bin/sh

That's how it's set (see the start-message of this thread).
More info about the situation is at the URL I gave in my prev.msg.

Idea: filter the message through gzip, then deliver (=append to mbox)
the compressed result. Would that work?

Maybe in raw mode, but I'd not count on it.

<checking man procmail> Raw? </checking>

I need an append-command:

    :0: $HOME/raw_big$LOCKEXT
    * > 20000
    | append "$HOME/raw_big.gz" "gzip -9fcq"

(on request my ISP does add simple-and-safe commands to the sm.bin)

--
Affijn, Ruud