Re: dead horse (yummy) -- procmail: No permission to execute

2003-09-07 18:15:59
Ruud asked Birl,

Is sed supposed to be executable?

Yes, it is. Since it's a binary and not a shell script, it beats me how you'd run it if it isn't executable.

Do I remember right? Was Birl saying that the programs run when procmail is called interactively on a shell host but not when procmail is invoked on incoming mail? Maybe the mail delivery host is finding binaries by these names that are compiled for the wrong OS, and fixing procmail's value for $PATH (or not changing it in .procmailrc) will take care of it.

David