Re: First attempt at a recipe

2003-09-26 16:48:00
Jason Williams <jwilliams(_at_)courtesymortgage(_dot_)com> wrote:

Thanks Martin...

Here is what I currently have in my /etc/procmailrc

MAILDIR="$HOME/Maildir/"
SPAM="/home/spamcop/Maildir/"

:0 H:
* ^Subject:.*[SPAM]
$SPAM

I've setup SA to write in the subject field, [SPAM]. Im trying to catch it

with procmail so I can filter it to the spamcop account.

WOuld it be best to use a subject field, or use the one I previously asked

about?

Thanks for your help.

CHeers,

Jason

Hi Jason,
        I'm fairly new to procmail myself, so I don't feel qualified to say
which
nethod is best.  AFAIK, it's just a matter of preference in this case.  But
you seem to have a problem witht the regular expressions.  .*[SPAM] will
match any mail message that ends in the letters S, P, A or M.  You need to
escape the [] so procmail doesn't think that you are using them as part of
the regular expression.  try this instead :-

MAILDIR="$HOME/Maildir/"
SPAM="/home/spamcop/Maildir/"

:0 H:
$SPAM