Re: First attempt at a recipe

2003-09-27 08:19:52
On 26 Sep 2003 Jason Williams (jwilliams(_at_)courtesymortgage(_dot_)com) wrote:

What im currently attempting to do is scan all incoming mail with procmail
and if it meets a certain requirement, put it in a specific users mailbox.

A couple questions:

[Q1] Is all the incoming mail for you or is it for multiple users?

[Q2] Do you have an IMAP server running on this system? If so, it
     would probably make more sense to deliver these SPAMmy messages
     to an IMAP mailbox in your account.

My current setup is I have a mail gateway running spamassassin. It tags all
email it thinks is spam and forwards it to my mail server. On my mail
server, i'm trying to develop a recipe that will move any email that Either
has the [SPAM] in the subject, or has X-Spam-Flag: YES some where to pass
it to an account.

I should mention im working with $HOME/Maildir/ style mailboxes.

This is what I currently have:

$ cat procmailrc
# tell procmail we use Maildir style
DEFAULT="$HOME/Maildir/"
SPAM="/home/spamcop/Maildir/new"

Get rid of all 4 of the double quotes (") above. They are not
needed and could be causing problems.

[Q3] Is this in /etc/procmailrc or in your personal ~/.procmailrc?

After we get the answer to these 3 questions, we'll be able to
help you better. In any case I suggest that you follow the
step-by-step instructions in my Procmail Quick Start, which is
here

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>

and make sure that you can get the simple rc.testing recipe to
work!

--
Nancy McGough            <http://www.ii.com>            Infinite Ink
Writing about procmail, imap, pine, spam-deflexion strategies & more