Re: First attempt at a recipe

2003-09-26 16:58:29
Thanks Martin...it seems to be almost working...

However, I get the following error in the maillog:

Sep 26 16:21:27 corpmail postfix/local[3486]: 41F61AB543: to=<jwilliams(_at_)courtesymortgage(_dot_)com>, relay=local, delay=2, status=bounced (can't create user output file. Command output: procmail: Lock failure on "/home/spamcop/Maildir/.lock" procmail: Unable to treat as directory "/home/spamcop/Maildir" procmail: Error while writing to "/home/spamcop/Maildir" )

So i'm not sure what im doing incorrectly, but I am doing something wrong. :)

Just to verify, what im trying to do is have all email that comes in with [SPAM] in the headers to be moved to the spamcop user for review. Would it be better if I made the folder for the spam to be held in /var/spool/mail ?

I'm new to procmail so im brainstorming and trying to gather some ideas.

Thanks.

Jason

At 12:41 AM 9/27/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Jason Williams <jwilliams(_at_)courtesymortgage(_dot_)com> wrote:

> Thanks Martin...
>
> Here is what I currently have in my /etc/procmailrc
>
> MAILDIR="$HOME/Maildir/"
> SPAM="/home/spamcop/Maildir/"
>
> :0 H:
> * ^Subject:.*[SPAM]
> $SPAM
>
> I've setup SA to write in the subject field, [SPAM]. Im trying to catch it

> with procmail so I can filter it to the spamcop account.
>
> WOuld it be best to use a subject field, or use the one I previously asked

> about?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> CHeers,
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,
I'm fairly new to procmail myself, so I don't feel qualified to say which
nethod is best.  AFAIK, it's just a matter of preference in this case.  But
you seem to have a problem witht the regular expressions.  .*[SPAM] will
match any mail message that ends in the letters S, P, A or M.  You need to
escape the [] so procmail doesn't think that you are using them as part of
the regular expression.  try this instead :-

MAILDIR="$HOME/Maildir/"
SPAM="/home/spamcop/Maildir/"

:0 H:
* ^Subject:.*\[SPAM\]