Re: [0.0] matching words that are laced with html

2003-10-30 09:44:34
At 09:55 2003-10-30 +0200, Udi Mottelo wrote:
>          B_PLAIN=|`formail -k -X "Null" -I "Null" | lynx -dump -nolist \
>                  -force_html -pseudo_inlines /dev/fd/0`

        In my version (lynx-2.8.4dev10-4cl) you need the flag
        "-stdin" for working with pipe.

Lynx has for a long time NOT offered the ability to read a file from stdin - if you provided "-" on the commandline, it'd look to stdin for _arguments_ (not a file). The above uses a special file descriptor associated with the stdin device.

This limitation has been discussed several times here on the procmail list, because it's rather inconvenient to have to output the message to a file, invoke lynx to input from that file, and finally, delete it. the pipeline is a lot more convenient.

        What does it mean? the "Null"s in the formail command?

Well, discard all the headers except "Null", then REMOVE the header "Null". Could be any header really.

Bye,
 Udi