Re: [0.0] matching words that are laced with html

2003-10-30 10:41:56
At 11:36 2003-10-30 -0500, Charles Gregory wrote:
> And apparently it modifies the subject lines with stuff that wasn't
> orignally there.

This is an option that can be turned off or on easily, either as a
site-wide default or per-user....

Might I ask that you consider turning it off? MUAs that can match up a series of subjects together sort of expect that the subjects START the same (minus Re: and Fwd: tags).

> wherein procmail could be extended to include internal support for
> BASE64, ordinal encoding, attachments, etc...

Hmmm. A nice idea, but given the fact that the intent is to hunt down
spam, I figure that using a complete package for spam is better, as the
developers are constantly working to counter the latest spammer tricks....

That might be the only thing you think you'd use it for. Personally, being able to take a plaintext copy of a message and pass it off to another app (say for pumping into a DB or blog), or to save attachments one by one - or check attachment names or binary signatures for viruses - all strike me as non-spam things people would utilize such functionality for.