Re: Email Body Containing Only MS Newlines

2003-11-08 19:38:27
Paul O. Bartlett wrote:

> If I download the message to my home Win98 box (pipe to Zmodem
> directly out of Pine) and look at the file with a binary editor, it
> nearly always shows three MS-style newlines, 0x0D0A, and nothing
> else.

If Pine is feeding the message to Zmodem, Pine might still be altering
something. Perhaps you should exit to the shell and get the message by
Zmodem from outside Pine (or exit to the shell and look at the message
with your pager).

> I am trying to trap such messages and deliver them to a
> potential-spam folder.  I have tried this:

# Empty body
:0B:
* < 10
$SPAMFOLDER

If the body really were empty and not just hidden by Pine, that ought to work. Try this:

 :0B:
 $SPAMFOLDER

Any message body with no letters or digits can't be real communication.