Re: Simplest Whitelist?

2003-11-27 13:27:54
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Dragoncrest wrote:

D>      Ok, with that out of the way.  With all the dozens of different
D> ways I saw to do whitelists, what is the dead simplest, but most
D> effective way to whitelist email addresses only.

I use something like this:

##############################
FROM=`formail -c -rtz -x To:`
WHITELIST=/path/to/white.list
# Is it still not in the white list?
:0 :
*  ! ? echo "${FROM}" | grep -F -isx -f "${WHITELIST}"
bitbucket

# only whitelisted mail will reach this

white.list is a file with one address per line. You can have blank lines
but not an empty file.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )