Re: Simplest Whitelist?

2003-11-27 14:58:48
On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 07:58:16AM -1000, Michael J Wise wrote:

      * ? fgrep -iqf $HOME/.whitelist

The [. . .] line checks ALL the headers against the lines in the
.whitelist,

That seems tremendously wasteful to me.  Some headers, for example,
typical ones to this list, are often over 100 lines long in and of
themselves.  Certainly you don't need to bother checking the
X-Mailer:, Date:, Received:, etc., headers of every incoming mail
for the names of people in your whitelist.

Moreover, the same problem I alluded to just a moment ago with the other
contributor's recipe holds here: you will falsely overmatch on supersets
of strings in your whitelist.

--
dman