Re: Procmail question...

2003-12-04 03:45:31
On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:56:09PM -0600, mjn wrote:
My lack of understanding of the matching operator in procmail is making
this difficult and I cannot seem to find a clear explaination of how the
matching operator works. As a result, i am throwing something out to see
if someone with a bit more savvy can help me.

Here is an excellent answer to your question, from Era Eriksson to me,
posted in 1999 when I ask a question similar to yours.  (My, but how
time changes things.)

http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/cgi-bin/w3glimpse2html/procmail/1999-09/msg00045.html

I found this by using the list-archive search at www.procmail.org for
the case-sensitive word "MATCH" and the word "explain".  (I'm afraid
"explaination" wouldn't have helped, because it's a bad spelling.) :-)
It helped, of course, that I knew I had asked this question a few years
ago.

--
dman