MAILDIR=/some/path/with/a/trailing/slash/

2003-12-12 14:06:22
Ruud wroote,

I assume that there should never be a slash at the end of the value
of MAILDIR. I also think that it doesn't hurt if it is there,
unless you make use of the value assuming that there is one.

It hurts by supporting a misconception. Several times I've found people believing that if they put a trailing slash onto the assignment of MAILDIR, it makes procmail write all messages out in maildir format. I don't know how that fallacy got started, but it's shown up a handful of times already.