RE: help with mail sort, mysteriously self-creating folder!

2004-01-13 12:57:49

-----Original Message-----
From: JM Fraser
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 11:11 AM
To: Gary Funck; procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: RE: help with mail sort, mysteriously self-creating folder!

Hey Gary, are you saying that all of my rule sets I should add :0: before
the 'From@ field? I was always told to add them on top. All of my
others are
on top and they do work.

Yes, per the manual page:

   Recipes
       A  line starting with ':' marks the beginning of a recipe.
       It has the following format:

              :0 [flags] [ : [locallockfile] ]
              <zero or more conditions (one per line)>
              <exactly one action line>

       Conditions start with a leading `*', everything after that
       character  is  passed  on to the internal egrep literally,
       except for leading and trailing whitespace.  These regular
       expressions   are  completely  compatible  to  the  normal
       egrep(1) extended regular expressions.  See also  Extended
       regular expressions.

Your "From:" pattern is called a <condition> in the terminology above.

Try some of the following:

examples:     http://www.hmug.org/man/5/procmailex.html
reference:    http://www.hmug.org/man/5/procmailrc.html
related info: http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/