help with mail sort, mysteriously self-creating folder!

2004-01-13 09:43:26
This is all VERY strange so pls bear with me. For some reason, my mail no
longer goes into my Inbox but goes into a folder which Procmail creates, all
by itself! I was setting up a forwarding rule as follows:
*^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)c3ntris(_dot_)com /dev/null. The exercise being that any
mail from this
porn site, gets deleted.

The problem is that Procmail has decided to "turn this rule into a folder"
and now delivers all mail to it! Just bizarre... Even when I delete this
newly created folder, Procmail re-creates it later and sends mail there.
When the folder is deleted and I send mail to my account, no mail appears.
But if I recreate the folder or view it again thru Outlook, all the mail
that I did not see is held within this folder. I cannot tell you how
annoying this is.

The Inbox stands there idle and how I have this ridiculous folder where my
mail gets sent. I must add that the other filters seem to work and mail gets
distributed about the place in a timely fashion. But any mail which is not
filtered goes to this ever created folder name. I have removed the filter
from but no effect.

I was going to reinstall Procmail, but I thought I'd give you a try.

regards
Jules