Re: [0.0] Problem with procmail on one local account.

2004-01-15 12:33:39
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, ISMgr wrote:
particular user on this system is having a fit trying to receive mail....
Jan 15 12:13:52 atchisonkansas postfix/local[17801]: 62FBE1B8229:
to=<postfix(_at_)atchisonkansas(_dot_)net>, relay=local, delay=0,
status=deferred
(temporary failure. Command output: procmail: Couldn't create
"/var/spool/mail/postfix" )
What does it mean when procmail says "Couldn't create
/var/spool/mail/postfix"?

I can't tell you WHY it happens, but on my RH9/postfix I encounter this
strange 'desire' on the part of procmail to write to a /var/spool/mail
file when procmail cannot deliver the message for *any* reason. So if I
generate an EXITCODE, or procmail encounters a full disk quota, it tries
to write to /var/spool/mail. Don't know why this happens, but I would
really like to stop it.

In your case, check the procmailrc to see if there is any sort of exitcode
or other failure that could be happening. Perhaps turn on verbose logging.
I find some recipes fail for lack of buffer space.....

- Charles