Re: Problem with procmail on one local account.

2004-01-15 13:40:34
At 14:06 2004-01-15 -0600, ISMgr wrote:
Hadn't done a global file because I hadn't done enough research on how to do it properly, and since we have different needs for spam control on a per-user basis, thought it would be OK to have individual .procmailrc files.

Each user can still maintain their own .procmailrc. If you have central /etc/procmailrc, coded in an intelligent fashion, users can opt in and out of portions of it by creating files in their homedir (or someplace you specify). When using /etc/procmailrc, it's important to remember that it executes with extended privledges either until it terminates, or you use "DROPPRIVS" (see the manpages).

One question, though - in looking at the maillog stamp above, it looks like the message was being routed to <postfix(_at_)atchisonkansas(_dot_)net> instead of the intended recipient. What in the world would cause postfix to want to hand it off to a mailbox other than the one it was addressed to?

That'd be a good question to direct at the POSTFIX list... Note that PROCMAIL didn't emit the logentry to the syslog - postfix did.