Re: Is the proper behavior?

2004-01-16 18:45:36
:0c:
! tuc(_at_)laptop(_dot_)ttsg(_dot_)com

    The "From " header of the email (Like the ones from this
list come as "From procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Sat Dec 27 11:44:25
 2003") ends up just becoming my userid when it gets to the laptop. Is
this normal?

It is normal for the From_ header to be updated. The contents of the
From_ header are determined by your MTA however, not procmail. For
example on my system using the Debian package, procmail calls
"/usr/bin/sendmail -oi" and the From header is set by exim with time,
date, and email address included accordingly.

        So is there some way I should handle it differently so that it
DOESN'T end up modified via sendmail? I need to pass it off with the From_
intact.

        Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.