Re: external 'IP-Blacklist'

2004-02-02 06:48:26
John Conover writes:
joehill(_at_)sympatico(_dot_)ca writes:
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:30:57 +0100
Michelle Konzack disseminated the following:

I like to filter some incoming Mails bei Sender-IP, but I do
not like to include the Bunch of IP's in my ~/.procmailrc.

I prefer to have a seperated ~/.procmailrc.blockIP

How can I do it ?

Wouldn't you just have in your .procmailrc:

INCLUDERC=$PROCMAILDIR/blockedip.rc

where $PROCMAILDIR is where you keep your recipes?

There are many ways. http://www.johncon.com/ndex/ is a way of adding
simple database stuff into procmailrc
scripts. http://www.johncon.com/john/receivedIP/ is a collection of C
programs that do the same thing that can be included in procmailrc.

And, if you don't want to compile stuff, the look(1) database program
has been part of Unix/Linux for a long time, and can be used for
looking up e-mail addresses, IPs, etc., after using the "\/" $MATCH
token from procmailrc(5) to cull the stuff out of the e-mail headers.

The Unix/Linux fgrep(1) program is handy for such things, too, and is
probably the choice for files that are not too big.

        John

--

John Conover, conover(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net, http://www.rahul.net/conover/