Re: Recipe Correct

2004-02-03 18:54:03
At 12:12 2004-02-04 +1100, Marvin Pierce wrote:
I've got two short recipes and would appreciate someone telling me if
I've written them correctly. Here is recipe #1:

Filters on null subject on just the subject line "Re:" and
off to spam folder:
:0
* ^(Subject:""|^Subject:.*\$\$\$)
* ^(Subject:Re:|RE:|^Subject:.*\$\$\$)
$MAILDIR/spam

quote-quote is going to be interpreted LITERALLY, and the conditions lines are all *ANDED*, which means that about the only thing that'll match is a subject line of:
        Re:(whatever)$$$

Firthermore, as per the procmail manpage, conditions are CASE INSENSITIVE unless you provide a flag to make it otherwise, so there's no difference between Re: and RE: here, except that the OR separators in your case are improperly set up, and the RE: would be a *HEADER* (follow the parens). MAILDIR is effectively the cwd, and therefore the default directory to which messages will be written, so there's no need to specify it in the path. The flags line is missing a lockfile flag, which means the write operation in your recipe is less than safe if two messages are processed concurrently.

This sould catch what you're probably trying to do:

:0:
spam

Please review my disclaimer page.