Re: softlabs

2004-03-04 02:39:22
At 10:15 2004-03-04 +0100, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
Only the third party virus scanner I have used on a Windows
workstation (don't want to blame the vendor so I don't say which one
it was)

You're among *nix geeks, so ahead and point fingers at the lousy win software. We don't care. <g>

was NOT able to detect the passworded ZIP viruses, resulting
in those FALSE NEGATIVEs, while Softlabs AntiVirus *did* detect and
isolate them.

Uhm, if they were encrypted zipfiles, how'd you pull off that trick? Or is it static?

- Sean (who filters attachaments, but doesn't bother with running A/V on his desktop because it's a losing proposition)