Re: softlabs

2004-03-04 02:25:19
At 01:04 2004-03-04 -0700, LuKreme wrote:
On 03 Mar 2004, at 23:47, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
FALSE NEGATIVE ...  3 (all password protected .exe)

There might be a way to check the encoding on the zip to be able to detect it is a password protected zip file isntead of a plain zip file, yes?

Yes.

'man unzip'

You could for instance invoke it like so:

unzip -Pboguspw -t zipfilename.zip

Check for a nonzero return code. More specifically, 82, though if SOME files are encrypted and some are not, then the error would be 1, so nonzero should suffice to mean a file which is going to have issues being decompressed and scanned.

On the versions of these tools I have here, this seems to work as expected.