Re: INCLUDERC

2004-03-14 11:26:58
Robert Allerstorfer followed up,

> In the meantime, I did found time to test other ways and, I now
> prefer the following way:
>
> * ? $TEST -r "$my_INCLUDEFILE"
>
> As you can see, I followed your suggestion to remove the quotes from
> the entire command, along with removing the dollar modifier.

OK, good.

> In addition, I prefer to put the path to be tested within quotes, to
> be save should the path include a space character.

All right, but you do realize that the form you had before,

 * $ ? "$TEST -r $my_INCLUDEFILE"

would also have failed if there had been embedded whitespace in the name
of the INCLUDERC file, so I figured there wasn't any.  To allow for
embedded whitespace in it while still quoting and then evalling the
whole thing, you'd have had to use,

 * $ ? "$TEST -r \"$my_INCLUDEFILE\""

or perhaps this might have worked:

 * $ ? "$TEST -r '$my_INCLUDEFILE'"

depending on how procmail handles strong quotes inside weak ones. Of course, the form you're using now is much saner.