Re: INCLUDERC

2004-03-14 12:43:13
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, 12:15 GMT-06 David W. Tamkin wrote:

Robert Allerstorfer followed up,

In the meantime, I did found time to test other ways and, I now
prefer the following way:

* ? $TEST -r "$my_INCLUDEFILE"

As you can see, I followed your suggestion to remove the quotes from
the entire command, along with removing the dollar modifier.

OK, good.

So the complete "final" solution (which I am considering the best one)
to the original question (conditionally calling an rc file if it is
actually readable) would now be the following one for me:

 TEST = /usr/bin/test
 # be sure to specify the correct path

 my_INCLUDERC = /path/to/my_includefile.rc

 :0
  * ? $TEST -r "$my_INCLUDERC"
  { INCLUDERC = $my_INCLUDERC }

I hope this is now useful for the orginal poster (Don Newcomer).

rob.