Re: INCLUDERC

2004-03-12 18:24:09
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, 01:53 GMT+01 Dallman Ross wrote:

I can't remember the exact thing that was behaving oddly with
Robert's test invocation before he explicitly defined it; but I
suspect, even with that weirdness, that the test he has by default
under his procmail would be able to identify whether a certain file
exists and is readable.

[Robert Allerstorfer responded:]
yes, only executing 'test' did work also, but it invoked an extra
shell layer. David clearified that 'test' may be treated as a
SHELLMETAS "character" *if* /bin/test was not present on the machine
*while compiling procmail*. The default location of RedHat's test
binary is /usr/bin/test and specifying it explicitly avoided the cost
of the extra layer.

Question: what shell do you run your .procmailrc under

SHELL = /bin/sh

does that shell have a built-in test routine?

Under the shell coming with RHL 6.2, I guess yes because 'which test'
does not return a path.

rob.