Re: Unlikely digraph

2004-03-28 21:53:22
On 28 Mar, fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org wrote:
| LuKreme, the $MATCH below is the From: field to the @  - not the digraph.
|
| On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, LuKreme wrote:
|
| > > # :0 #Identifies unlikely digraphs in the From: field.
| > > # * ^From:[       ].*<\/.*@
| > > # * $MATCH ?? (a[abjoqwx]|\
| > > #              b[dfghjkmnpqvwxz]|\
| > > #              c[bfgjnpqvwxz]|\
| > > #              d[cdfklpquwxz]|\
| > > #              e[fhjkqu]|\
| > > #              etc.)
| > {
| >    DIGRPAH=$MATCH
|
| What I need is some way to identify which of the digraphs is identified in
| the second condition
|
| # * $MATCH ?? (a[abjoqwx]|\ ... etc.)
|
| I tried placing "\/" before the parens (in hopes of getting MATCH
| reassigned, but that just appears to invalidate the condition. I also
| tried assigning the From: to a variable ADDEE and then attempting
|
| # * $ADDEE ?? \/(a[abjoqwx]|\ ... etc.)
|
| but that doesn't appear to work either.

When the \ in \/ is the first character of the condition, it needs to
be protected from being interpreted as a backwhack.  Either use

* $ADDEE ?? \\/(a[abjoqwx]|\ ... etc.)

or the (more?) idiomatic

* $ADDEE ?? ()\/(a[abjoqwx]|\ ... etc.)

--
Email address in From: header is valid  * but only for a couple of days *
This is my reluctant response to spammers' unrelenting address harvesting