Unlikely digraph

2004-03-28 15:19:10

I'm testing the usefullnes of the following recipe.  So far it's working
pretty well as long as I place it more or less last in my list of included
RCs.

# :0 #Identifies unlikely digraphs in the From: field.
# * ^From:[       ].*<\/.*@
# * $MATCH ?? (a[abjoqwx]|\
#              b[dfghjkmnpqvwxz]|\
#              c[bfgjnpqvwxz]|\
#              d[cdfklpquwxz]|\
#              e[fhjkqu]|\
#              etc.)
# spam

Is it possible to get matches from *both* condition lines?  Currently, I
use a log entry that results in "From: xhrewyiu@ contains an unlikely
digraph."  I would like to be able to identify the particular digraph that
satisfies the second condition as well - so the log entry could read "
From: xhrewyiu@ contains the unlikely digraph xh" (ie, "From: $MATCH1
contains the unlikely digraph $MATCH2" maybe.)

I have similar recipes set for X-Mailer and X-Authentication-Warning.

I suspect over the long haul, this recipe will be self-defeating as I may
be required to keep removing "digraphs" that result in false positives;
but for the moment it works pretty well. :)

(I've reviewed a similar discussion I started a year ago (Feb 2003) aimed
at this same problem of garbage.  This "brute strength" approach seems to
be working - start with all digraphs possible (in English) and keep
removing those that result in too many false positives.)

I suspect I'm annoyingly persistent. :)

                                 - fleet -