Re: Patent issued for email filtering

2004-04-03 05:37:10
Am 2004-04-02 17:44:57, schrieb LuKreme:

Postini's patent describes using a modified DNS address to redirect
email to an email pre-processing service which can "detect and detain
unwanted messages such as spam, viruses or other junk email messages".
It covers various actions that could be performed on an incoming
message, based on a user's settings. These include deletion,
forwarding, forwarding of partial messages and mailing to several
addresses. It also covers broadcasting the message to one or more
wireless devices.

I don't know what "Modified DNS address" means exactly, but it sure
sounds like they ahave patented procmail...

This is an enterprise Service and requires a aditional MX-Record

But then, all E-Mails send to you can be read by this company...

Maybe Industy-Spionage ?

Sorry, I do not have any trust in American enterprises in this
business sector.

Course, I haven't read the patent:

Greetings
Michelle