Re: ruminations on spam filtering

2004-05-14 16:27:04
On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 02:46:42PM -0700, the entity calling itself
Professional Software Engineering stated:

I've been doing some evaluation of junk traffic thrown at my net -
including throwing some old messages at newer techniques, but also noting
patterns of junk being thrown at my mail server and considering approaches
to avoiding the connections in the first place, even if they don't
represent a significant amount of traffic in the big picture.

Rather than send my ramblings to the list here, I've set up a BLOG at my
procmail pages (linked from the top of the page shown in my .sigline).

  < snip >

I haven't read the blog, but would like to suggest to the readers of
this list that they consider spamd (Google for 'spamd', or go to
www.openbsd.org & check the man page) - esp the greylisting feature.

This (and a couple of RBLs) have saved me from death-by-spam (no shit,
it works).

Jay