Re: newbie problem with default delivery

2004-05-20 12:55:35
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:40:22PM +0200, Guido Van Hoecke wrote:
Hi, here's a newbie using fetchmail, procmail and mutt on my winxp box
with the current cygwin environment. My cygwin is rooted at c:/ and my
HOME is at c:/docs.

I want to start with a simple .procmailrc but it does not work as I
expected and I do not find why.

# start of .procmailrc

SHELL=/bin/sh.exe

I don't use CYGWIN.  Is the Bourne shell clone really called "sh.exe"?

PATH=/bin

Probably a bad idea to so restrict your $PATH.  What's the compiled-in
value?  Can't you just use that and not set this here?

DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/00inbox

What's the compiled-in value?  Can't you just use that and not set this
here?

LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail.log

:0:
$DEFAULT

This is why nothing else happens.  You're delivering the message
to your inbox right here.  Nothing will run after this in your
.procmailrc!

password "[deleted!]"

Whoops! Guido, go and change your password right now!  That was
not entirely clever to post.  Don't even read more email
now, just go change your password first.

Hope that helps.

--
dman