Re: newbie problem with default delivery

2004-05-21 15:12:10
I've got it working now. It may be useful to show how its setup, and
especially what needed to be changed to get it working.

The most important thing was to use a different mda line in my
.fetchmailrc:

#mda "/bin/procmail -d %T" # does not work
mda "/bin/procmail -f %T VERBOSE=on MAILDIR=/docs/mutt /docs/.procmailrc"

It works without defining the MAILDIR var on the command line, but
then procmail tries to cd to /home/guivho which does not exist.
Setting MAILDIR on the command line overcomes this problem.
The VERBOSE var will obviously also be removed later, but for now it
is kind of helpful to find out what's happening! :-)

My ~/.procmailrc is as follows:

# start of .procmailrc

# MAILDIR must be set on the calling command line to avoid
# procmail trying to cd to /home/guivho
# so it is not necesary to set it also here
#MAILDIR=$HOME/mutt
MONTHFILE=`date +%Y-%m`
PMDIR=$HOME/procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/$MONTHFILE.log
BACKUP=$PMDIR/$MONTHFILE
LOGABSTRACT=all

:0 c
$BACKUP

:0:
* ^TOprocmail(_at_)lists\(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen\(_dot_)DE
procmail

:0:
* ^TOvim(_at_)vim\(_dot_)org
vim

:0:
* ^TOmutt(_dot_)*(_at_)mutt\(_dot_)org
mutt

:0:
00in

# Timestamp: <.procmailrc Fri 2004/05/21 23:32:17  WODAN>
# end of ~/.procmailrc

These recipes work as expected. So now I can start the real job of
adding all other required recipes to this setup.

Thanks guys,

Guido.