Re: newbie problem with default delivery

2004-05-21 12:02:35
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 09:36:47PM +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:40:22PM +0200, Guido Van Hoecke wrote:
Hi, here's a newbie using fetchmail, procmail and mutt on my winxp box
with the current cygwin environment. My cygwin is rooted at c:/ and my
HOME is at c:/docs.

I want to start with a simple .procmailrc but it does not work as I
expected and I do not find why.

# start of .procmailrc

SHELL=/bin/sh.exe

I don't use CYGWIN.  Is the Bourne shell clone really called "sh.exe"?

Well, 'man sh' shows the man page for ash, which states:
'Ash  is  a version of sh with features similar to those of the System V
shell.'

I have now the following .procmailrc:

# start of .procmailrc

LOGFILE=procmail.log
LOGABSTRACT=all

:0:
* ^TOprocmail(_at_)lists\(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen\(_dot_)DE
procmail

:0:
* ^TOvim(_at_)vim\(_dot_)org
vim

:0:
* ^TOmutt(_dot_)*(_at_)mutt\(_dot_)org
mutt

:0:
00inbox

# Timestamp: <.procmailrc Fri 2004/05/21 20:03:08  WODAN>
# end of ~/.procmailrc

Procmail is called by fetchmail via following mda line in
~/.fetchmailrc:
mda "/bin/procmail -d %T"

I think that the above recipes are textbook examples, and still none
of them works, and I do not get a log file. No mail gets delivered to
procmail, vim, mutt nor 00inbox, but rather to the default mailbox
called 'guivho'.

Is there something I can do to get a clue why this does not work?