Re: A Duplicates "Mystery" - The VERBOSE LOG

2004-05-21 10:25:37
On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:22:17AM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Kai Schaetzl wrote:

Dallman Ross wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 21:29:49 +0200:

I like pulling $DATE from the messages in procmail.

Just a nitpick: many spam messages come with wrong dates, sometimes
*years* off. Depending on what you want to use the value of this variable
such dates may be undesirable.

Dallman is so well aware of that, Kai, that he even uses it as an
indication of spammishness.  I'm sure he meant that he pulls the date
from the locally added From_ line or the topmost Received: header, not
from the Date: header.

Thank you, David.  I should have read more posts before responding.

--
dman