Re: A Duplicates "Mystery" - The VERBOSE LOG

2004-05-24 13:44:43
4$69208f40$d34e0e18(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net>
From: "Kai Schaetzl" <maillists(_at_)conactive(_dot_)com>

David W. Tamkin wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 10:32:56 -0500:

* ^^From [^ ]+ someregexphere

what does that double ^^ do?

Then my method is not good, because it requires some familiarity by each
user with procmailrc code, regular expressions, and the format of the From_
line.

Well, users won't do this themselves, anyway. It's done in a web interface and
we then create the necessary <whatever I'm going to use>. Although, I always
prefer to use the less complicated and easiest to manage solution, that usually
also helps to rid out any errors.

Use at instead of cron and there won't be any cleanup afterward.  Assign a
dummy empty file as an INCLUDERC; save the vacation routines in another
file; let the first at call mv the file with the routines to the name of the
empty file; let the second at call zap the INCLUDERC'd file back to
emptiness.

Thanks for the suggestions, I lock this mail and contemplate your ideas when
I'm starting with the work on that. I haven't ever used at, so I will need to
read something about it as well :-)

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany