Re: length()

2004-07-01 11:07:47
Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

F.rom that, I come to this:
  L = line or limit (configuration value)
  M = measurement or message-size ('external' value)

So you see, all we have to remember is L, as in configuration, and M, as in external. Very easy.

I'd said,

Seriously, your under/over stuff for remember[ing] which way >
divides and which way < divides is clever.

My real way of remembering that is "points if it's bigger" vs. "points if it's smaller." That was in the days of assuming a positive value for L.