Re: newbie

2004-07-17 04:24:29
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:34:55PM -0400, Paul C. Easton wrote:
Jim, Paul C., and Dallman, thank you all for your help.

[Dallman Ross wrote:]
There are a couple of other problems with the recipe also,
such as that "@Read" would apply only to the very last regex
("lexisnexismail"), not all of them (or maybe he wanted
that?) [. . . .] I also thought at first glance that the
"@Read" > >was a folder name (i.e., action line), but it is
not.

Okay, I see the problem with it only applying to the very last regex,
but I don?t understand why you state that ?(_at_)Read? is not folder name.
It was meant to be.  Is there a problem using the ?(_at_)? symbol as part
of an IMAP folder name?  Or do you simply mean that because I used the
wrong syntax, it would not function as an action line?  Since fixing
the syntax per Jeff?s and your suggestions, it now works, and I have
other recipes sending mail to folders whose names begin with ?(_at_)?, so I
assume that you meant the bad syntax made it not a folder.

Yes, David Tamkin explained: you had an extra "\" continuation mark
at the end of the last condition.

Btw, your HTML-based (or whatever it is) email is very hard to read
in mutt, and comes through with all sorts of extraneous characters
and squiggles.  Do you have an easy way to send text-only?

So, theoretically, yes, this would work:
  :0
  * ^(From|Cc|To).*foo|\
    ^(From|Cc|To).*bar
  /path/to/maildir/folder/
(I even tested it., though I was already convinced it would work.)

But does that only apply to the ?bar? regex?  Or will it apply to
?foo? as well?

It is ORed.  We have the OR "|" in there.

--
dman