Re: Filtering with Procmail before it goes to spamassassin.

2004-07-24 10:12:19
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, David A. Roth wrote:

DAR> Thanks for the suggestion. After reading the posts, I see now that
DAR> re-creating this function in procmail isn't the way to go. I'm going to
DAR> talk with my sys admin about setting up several mailboxes for me@ and
DAR> webmaster(_at_)(_dot_) Hopefully the bounced message that it generates
will alert
DAR> the valid sender they didn't type in the correct user name. Doing this
DAR> at the MTA would also solve the concern about legit e-mail that is
DAR> BCC'ed to me@ from being mistake as being sent to an incorrect user, is
DAR> that correct?

I have a real email address in the bounce message

@clifford.ac  error:550 "Spam problems. Try Arealaddress(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac"

where Arealaddress is alan+1.  This passes through the autoresponder and
adds the sender to the good gals/guys list.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )