Re: Procmail Newbie

2004-10-18 01:23:36
On Monday 18 October 2004 13:40, Klaus Johannes Rusch wrote:
Bikrant Neupane wrote:
Hi

This is something I would like to implement using procmail.  I would like
to read the X-Spam-Score value and compare that value against some
predefined value. Basically what I am trying to implement is to filter
Mails based on X-Spam-Score value. I belive someone has done that before.

Only thing I am not sure is how to do is
1. return value from an external script and save it in procmail variable.
2. Numerica test such as if ( x > 2)

my ~.procmail.rc

DIR="~bikrant/Maildir/"
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/tmp

:0fw
:
| /usr/local/bin/getScore   #i can call script but how to read return
| value??

If you use :0fhw, then the script can modify the mail headers.  This is
how most spam filters get called.

:0:

* if [ $ScoreRead >= $MinScore ] #how to implement it in procmail ?
${DIR}.SPAM/

 From the sample description it sounds like you may be using
SpamAssassin, which includes multiple headers including an X-Spam-Status
status header with a Yes/No flag (and you can tweak the threshold level
at which SpamAssassin marks a mail as spam).

Or, you could use patterns that match the scores, for example assuming
you want scores equal to or higher than 2.0 considered spam you could use

:0

cool..that's very easy :)
Now can't we have some programming logic in it?  I mean I want to give clients
control to Spam Threshold values. So for that the script has to read the
threshold value from a file in user's home dir and compare that with the
value in the X-Spam-Score.

thanks,
Bikrant

spam