Re: Procmail Newbie

2004-10-19 02:40:34
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 12:04:32PM +0545, Bikrant Neupane wrote:

On Monday 18 October 2004 13:33, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

:0:
spam

Would file as spam whenever there's four or more asterisks.

# for when SA manages NOT to insert the asterisks...
:0:
* -3^0
* $ $MATCH^0
spam

Thanks for the reply. But I am still not getting the procmail syntax :( (i
read the man page too )

As I asked in my first question, How do I run external script and return
value
from it?

  VAR = `/some/proggie`

is one way.

What I am trying to do is, let user define their own spam thresold value. You
have used value 3 which is hardcoded in the procmail script. I want to get it
from a script and the script will in turn query a database or some flat file.

while you could do that easily enough, it isn't necessary if users can add
a line to their .procmailrc files such as

   saMIN = 5

and using the $saMIN in your scoring recipe later.

For now I tried this:
My Spam-assassin heard looks like

:0:
* X-Spam-Debug-Wlink:.\/*
* -5^0
* $ $MATCH^0:
 spam

This should catch anything greater than -5 (including -4.9) right?

It would put all positive-valued email in the spam pile.  You probably
don't want messages scored with 0.5, 1.0, 1.2, etc., in the spam pile.
You need to match after any negative sign and do the subtraction in the
procmail recipe.  You also want to left-anchor your header:

   :0:
   * ^X-Spam-Debung-Wlink:.*\/[0-9.]*
   * $ `$saMIN^0
   * $ -$MATCH^0
   spam

should work or be close.  (I haven't tested anything here.)

--
dman