Re: Who is the procmail maintainer?

2004-10-22 07:12:30
2004-10-22T13:50:07 Per Jessen:
Don't forget sieve, although its user-base at the moment probably
is a very tiny fraction of procmails.

Oh, Sieve I know well.

Thing is, it's a language, not an implementation.

At the moment, I know of two implementations; the one in Cyrus, and
the one in GNU mailutils. There are probably some more, and if I
ever need one, I'll probably be writing my own as a translator into
procmailrc syntax.

The key feature of Sieve is its design to allow users to be able to
write their own Sieve filtering config files, while not being
enabled thereby to run arbitrary programs on the mail server.

-Bennett