Re: Who is the procmail maintainer?

2004-10-19 17:31:52
(forgot to cc: list)

--- Bennett Todd <bet(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net> wrote:

2004-10-19T19:45:06 Bennett Todd:
Drat it, my troll chasing links off procmail.org came up dry. Where
are these bugfix patches? Any good repositories I should check?

Ok, I've turned up one, it seems to be some kind of horking big
jumbo patch. After a bit of trawling around, I found a Fedora rpm
that included "procmail_3.22-8.debian.patch", which patches all kind
of stuff, with no explanation. Yecch. Is that a good patch or a bad
patch?

Well done.  Yes, see procmail-3.22-13.src.rpm from Fedora or wherever.

Yes it's a good patch.  Most of those patches go back several
years and have worked well.

So if truth be known, I'd really like to see the debian, redhat, etc.
patches applies to procmail and a new version rolled.  What's
perplexing is why this hasn't been done?

But I guess if there isn't a maintainer, then it makes sense.

So the question is:  will the procmail source slowly bifurcate
among the different distributions or will the maintainers release
new versions or will the community take over the code?

If the procmail list cannot answer this question, who can?

-Sam

-Bennett

ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature