Re: Who is the procmail maintainer?

2004-10-19 12:46:49
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:46:04PM +0000, Bennett Todd wrote:
2004-10-19T18:06:17 Sam:
Who is maintaining the procmail source code?

Beats me.

Although I use procmail, there have been several bugs
fixed since the 3.22 release back in September 2001.

Where are the patches? I'd like to roll them into my procmail
package:-).

And if your posting doesn't draw any responses, I'd send a copy of
it to the more prominent individuals linked off the procmail home
page, and see if they've anything to add. If they don't explain why
there's no need, why then go ahead and create the sourceforge
project. Thanks for volunteering!

While I don't yet know exactly what I think about this, and while I am
all for the renewed activation of procmail's development,
I think it needs to proceed in a somewhat more orderly, organized
fashion than just Bennett Todd telling Sam Somebody "Go ahead!"
(This is not meant to cast aspersions on Bennett Todd or Sam
Somebody.)

First and foremost, the current code maintainer-of-record, absent
though he be, deserves to be contacted and have his brain picked for
his ideas for succession if that is what he agrees should be done.

Rest deleted, but the maintainer should be apprised of this
thread and is urged to look it up in the list archives
if he wishes to.

I do agree that the current bug fixes, which definitely are Out There,
should be rolled into the package at the least.

--
dman