Upgrading from mbox to maildir

2004-10-31 02:38:02
Dear Procmailers,

I have changed my system (who said never change a running system ??)to use
Maildir, rather than mbox (which has worked well for quite a while). After
much seeking for procmail syntax to match the new directory structure (there
are many different answers on the web), I have it almost working.
My remaining problem (and I can't see how it can occur) is that the incoming
mails are being delivered correctly to the right directories, but with the
wrong username.
I have an account called 'postbote' that gets all mails and should then put
them in the directory structure (this is how it was with mbox). The mails
are now being written with GROUP postbote but USER root. Naturally the mail
clients (Mozilla) don't like this. If I manually adjust the file ownership,
everything is OK, but new mails are still getting user as root.
I use fetchmail (6.2.5-2) to get the mails, procmail (3.22-13)to sort them,
dovecot (0.99.10.5-0.FC2)imap for client's access (Mozilla) and sendmail
(8.12.11-4.6) for central sending.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please ??

Many thanks,

Robert von Knobloch