Re: procmail duplicates arriving message names (?)

2004-12-08 17:40:50
On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:23:20AM +0100, Roberto S. G. wrote:

sorry, Michelle,
You've illuminated myself about MH format... I finally found info about it,

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/.INBOX/
                      ^
       The trailing slash mean "Maildir"

you're right!, I didn't know about the trailing slash meaning! In fact,
I didn't saw a thing about it in my procmail's docs, and I haven't still
found nothing that talk about MH/Maildir and DEFAULT... but you're right!

Yes, it's in "man procmailrc" about 25% of the way down.

       Anything else will be taken as a mailbox name (either a filename  or  a
       directory,   absolute   or  relative  to  the  current  directory  (see
       MAILDIR)).  If it is a (possibly yet nonexistent)  filename,  the  mail
       will be appended to it.

       If  it  is  a directory, the mail will be delivered to a newly created,
       guaranteed to be unique file named $MSGPREFIX* in the specified  direc-
       tory.   If  the  mailbox name ends in "/.", then this directory is pre-
       sumed to be an MH folder; i.e., procmail will use the  next  number  it
       finds  available.  If the mailbox name ends in "/", then this directory
       is presumed to be a maildir folder; i.e.,  procmail  will  deliver  the
       message  to  a  file  in a subdirectory named "tmp" and rename it to be
       inside a subdirectory named "new".  If the mailbox is specified  to  be
       an  MH  folder  or  maildir  folder, procmail will create the necessary
       directories if they don't exist, rather than treat  the  mailbox  as  a
       non-existent filename.  When procmail is delivering to directories, you
       can specify multiple directories to deliver to  (procmail  will  do  so
       utilising hardlinks).

--
dman