Re: procmail duplicates arriving message names (?)

2004-12-09 03:04:15
On 9 Dec 2004 Ruud H.G. van Tol (rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl) wrote:
Or use the
 DEFAULT="$MAILDIR/"
approach, but I would use something like
 DEFAULT="$MAILDIR/IN.todo/"

Just as another data point, I also use an alternate mailbox as my default, namely I use this:

 MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
 DEFAULT=.--yellow/

The reason I name my fallthrough mailbox '--yellow' is because I pre-sort my solicited bulk (blue), good (green), and rubbish (red) messages and what falls through is yellow (unknown/warning)! I start the name with two dashes (--) so it will bubble to the top of my ASCII-sorted list of mailboxes.

But note that, according to things I've read on this list, if you are using maildir-formatted mailboxes, it is best to re-compile procmail and set the DEFAULT and ORGMAIL correctly in the compiled code. Maybe someone who knows will post details about that!

NM

--
Infinite Ink: <http://www.ii.com/>
Procmail Quick Start: <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>