RE: 'Folder: bounced '

2004-12-26 07:41:47
From: Dallman Ross [mailto:dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com]

You can't find a current logfile for user "adam".  I'd say
the reason is the same reason you couldn't run my diag.rc file
at first: It was created with the root account, so adam cannot
read or write to it.

Wait a minute.  I think I was too clever for my own good.  That
can't be right!  If it were, the verbose log wouldn't have disappeared
from the screen when $LOGFILE was set.  Moreover, root has no trouble
writing to that file, and DROPPRIVS have not yet been invoked.
So that is wrong, what I just said.  /home/adam/Mail/.procmaillog
must indeed exist, and it must be being updated, at least until
you reset $LOGFILE in $HOME/.procmailrc.

It must be, then, that the reason you couldn't find it is what
Ruud said earlier: you've been typing "ls" or similar standard commands
in the shell to try to see a file, but it's a dot-file, so you didn't
see it.  (You'd need to type something like "ls -A" in this case.)

Dallman